Monday 19 January 2009

Making a short film(Friday 16th December)

In today’s lesson, our task was film a short scene where a person walks into a room and shares conversation with another person. We had to include elements like Match Cuts, Shot/Reverse Shot and keeping the 180 degree rule. Lauren was the one who walked inside the room and start talking to me whereas Karess was the one using the camera.

We have had planned our work last week so we had plenty of time to the shooting and then editing. It took us about 20 minutes to finish the shooting because we were well organised. After shooting a small scene, we had to edit what we have done in order to make the scene make sense. The shooting went well because we were filming in the storeroom, which was a quite place to film. After the filming, it was time to the editing. Editing at the beginning took a bit time because of the lack of organisation. We have started the editing but we could not finish because we had less time and editing took more time then I was expecting.

I have learnt a lot filming with a group because we all got different ideas and we bring all into one then it creates a good idea. I am pleased with my group except the absence that occurs a lot for the members in my group. I’m a bit nervous about the thriller though.

No comments: